The CEO and COO are two of the most important senior executives of any type of a business enterprise. The chief operating officer (COO) is often considered to be the second in command of a company, and has to directly report to the chief executive officer (CEO). The COO is the specialized professionals who are tasked with the responsibility of managing, monitoring and overseeing distinct types of everyday administrative and operational functions involved in an organization. Being a COO himself, Larry Polhill underlines that while a CEO of a firm usually is concerned with its various long-term organizational goals, the chief executive officer have to deal with the task of implementing the tasks regarding to its daily operations. They ideally focus on aligning the company objectives with its distinct strategies.
Larry Polhill mentions the various crucial responsibilities of a company COO
The diverse responsibilities of a COO of a company generally is characterized by the particular CEO they report to. This factor makes the position of a chief operating officer quite different from various other C-Suite profiles that are defined by their definite set of duties. Larry Polhill is a prominent business professional who used to work in the position of a Chief Executive Officer and President at American Pacific Financial Corp. His job position and years in the industry made him the absolute ideal candidate to talk about the plethora of duties of a COO. He additionally has specialized expert insights on the important objectives of this job profile. Here are a few of them:
- Working together with the CEO of firm in order to drive the relevant business vision, staffing needs, and also the important operational strategies
- Translating strategies and plans into certain actionable goals and aim to make sure of the good performance of the firm
- Helping in the implementation of the necessary type of organization-wide goal setting, performance management and annual operating planning
- Both overseeing and taking care of the needed operation functions of a company
- Making sure of the best possible productivity of the company employees and staff
- Gradually building a certain inclusive company culture among the various team members of a firm to help them to thrive and achieve success
- Encouraging the company employees to augment their efficiency, hone their skill-set and ultimately work towards meeting the various organizational outcomes
- Making sure of the most effective and efficient on-boarding and retention, as well as performance management and professional development,
- Following and adhering to the relevant local, state, federal regulations, as well as the company requirements
- Enforcing absolute business compliance, and taking necessary definitive actions whenever required
In the opinion of Larry Polhill, the CEO of a company often as to deal with the aspects of developing actionable business strategies, identifying the key areas of process enhancement in an organization, as well as making sure to analyze the various important aspects of internal operations. The host of important tasks undertaken by them makes the role of a COO quite indispensable in a company.