The success of a business greatly depends on a streamlined supply chain. Timely supply of raw material, labour force, necessary tools to manufacture the product and delivery of the finished merchandise to the desired market – this is the logistical process that helps an enterprise earn its revenues. An efficient supply chain can streamline the entire manufacturing process and maximise business profitability within a matter of months.
What is a supply chain?
A supply chain meaning is a network of logistical, workforce, technological, and organisational resources of a business. Both the sourcing and delivering of goods is included in the supply chain of an organisation.
Proper management of supply chains is a primary criterion for business growth. Companies are also using latest technology to increase business efficiency and modernise their resource management system. Thanks to various lending institutions offering supply chain finance, it has become a lot easier to secure the necessary funds and utilise it to update and overhaul the existing framework without straining the organisation’s revenue string.
How supply chains affect a successful business operation?
Supply chains play a crucial role in increasing operational productivity and consumer value of an organisation. It improves three vital aspects of a business –
1. Financial disposition
Supply chain augments a business’ financial disposition. It helps to organise the procurement and supply process. It also plays a crucial role to –
- Better profit margin – Accurate regulation and necessary reduction in supply chain expenses can help save a significant amount of funds over time. A recent study showed that a meagre reduction of a few grams in packaging material per unit product resulted in lower shipping toll by a number tons at the end of a 5-year period. These optimisations can dramatically improve a firm’s profit.
- Increased cash flow – A manufacturing organisation can increase its cash flow with better supply chain management. The business gets an opportunity to sell more finished good in the same time span as it speeds up the product flow to customers.
- Decrease warehousing expenses – The provision of expensive storage facilities and warehouses decreases as the raw materials and finished goods are utilised and dispatched faster. It can help an organisation save a significant amount of capital.
- 2. Operating cost –
Supply chains play a significant role in determining an organisation’s operational cost. It can help avoid a burnout while running a business and contribute to better revenue generation.
- Decreases purchasing cost – Retailers often charge extra if they have to hold on to expensive products that require special attention. Proper supply chain management can eliminate that issue, reducing purchasing cost significantly.
- Optimise production cost – Manufacturers depend on supply chains to deliver raw materials to production units on time and prevent a slowdown of the manufacturing process. A drop in production can result in a substantial loss of working capital. Proper management of supply chains is essential to prevent that and aid in successful business operation.
- 3. Customer retention
A key aspect of business growth is customer retention. With the help of a well-structured supply chain, a business can meet the prerequisite and deadlines required to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
Clients expect their products to arrive within the due date and in the required quantities. Logistics and supply chains help meet that requirement by streamlining the process.
A business cannot maintain a successful operation without a well-functioning and efficient supply chain system. Fortunately, it has become significantly easier with the advent of modern technology.
An enterprise can now avail supply chain finance in India to overhaul its existing framework, and once it has established a better workflow, it can opt for a business loan to purchase better raw materials and equipment to manufacture higher quality products. An efficient supply chain can help a business achieve its projected growth plan in a surprisingly brief timespan. It impacts everyday product flow and prepares the organisation to maintain a sustainable operation.