A significant share of the country’s real estate market is focusing towards the affordable housing segment. Among the top performers are the developers from the state of Haryana and NCR offering almost 51,000 affordable units already in the pipeline to be handed-over by the year 2021.
One such government housing scheme providing affordable properties is the HUDA housing scheme in the state of Haryana. The HSVP (Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran) launched this housing program in 2019 – offering plots to members from various income groups residing in Haryana’s urban areas. HUDA covers city-specific places like HUDA Gurgaon and HUDA Faridabad, among others.
Why should you apply under HUDA scheme?
Among other affordable government housing schemes in India, HUDA offers some unique benefits such as –
- Houses purchased under the HUDA affordable housing scheme are relatively cheaper than the DDA (Delhi Development Authorities) apartments.
- A buyer can resell his/her property only after a year of possession.
- Location of the affordable properties under HUDA housing affordable scheme is placed strategically in tandem with medical facilities, school, market, etc.
- The carpet area under this scheme will help home purchasers to save 25 – 30% of the total price as compared to DDA apartments.
Moreover, investing in this government housing scheme in India will offer you a broad range of affordable properties constructed by prominent real estate developers. Considering the immense potential of this housing scheme, the country’s leading lenders like Bajaj Finserv are offering Home Loans to prospective borrowers.
Furthermore, existing customers can also benefit from their pre-approved offers. These pre-approved offers are applicable on unsecured and secured credits like personal loans, business loans, home loans, as well as numerous other financial products. You can check out your pre-approved offer by sharing only a few necessary details like your name and contact number.
How to apply under HUDA housing scheme?
To apply under this government housing scheme, one must be aware of the eligibility criteria and documents required.
[A] Eligibility Criteria
You must fulfil these eligibility requirements –
- The applicant must be a resident of Haryana.
- The annual household scheme must be less than Rs. 3 Lakh. Here, the household refers to the husband, wife and their children.
- The applicant can also be a Group D employee under the Government of Haryana.
- You must not own a ‘pucca’ residency or plot in your name in the state.
[B] Documents Required
Furnish the following documents if one wishes to apply for the HUDA housing scheme –
- Self-attested copies of the applicant’s PAN card.
- Passport-sized photograph.
- Certified copies of resolution from the cooperative society.
- Certified copies of bylaws.
Keep in mind, if the applicant is availing housing loans to invest in this scheme, stay aware of the list of documents needed for a home loan.
How to apply online under HUDA scheme?
To apply under this government housing scheme in India, follow this simple procedure –
Step 1: Visit the official website of Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran.
Step 2: Select the form for the HUDA affordable housing program.
Step 3: Fill in the application form online and submit the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the duly filled application.
Step 5: Select your preferred payment option to pay for the online application fee. However, you can also opt for offline payment method by printing out a challan and pay the required sum at an authorised financial institution.
Step 6: Note down the application number.
Now, that you know everything about HUDA housing scheme in Haryana, you can apply under it to benefit from affordable housing. However, you must also be aware of the terms and conditions of the HUDA housing scheme to make the most out of it.